Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Plans have arrived!

"Forgive me Farther for it has been some time since my last blog".

The plans arrived about a month ago along with the video. The plans and building instructions are really good and I have read through them a few times now. However I had a bit of trouble with the video as it was in NTSC format, as expected, but my VCR would not play it despite what the manual said it would do. So I had to get it converted for $50!

The video is amateur in its quality but excellent in its content. Each stage of the process is covered very well with some good sailing shots at the end the give inspiration to get started.

I have started building the temporary frames using some 1m lengthe of 4x1 that I picked up at the Building Depot. I got enough to build the frames and other temporary jobs for $15 as they were going out of business. This was 25% of usual. So far I have two of the temporary frames built. I have also started on the paterns with a sheet of 6mm ply I bought for $34 from ITM.

No comments: