Friday, October 06, 2006

A Fresh Start


Well putting the parts back together has gone a lot quicker than I thought it would. I sourced some good pine for the building jig from the local hardware store and used some laser levels to get it nice and level.

I was a bit concerned when I ripped the sheers and stringers from my nice straight peice of wood as the tension trapped within the wood bent them into all sorts of shapes. However in the end this did not make a difference as they still formed fair curves as they were bent onto the frames.

Now if you think this boat is taking a while to build, the model boat behind me has been on the go for twelve years.

After fixing the sheers I then added the top two stringers before attacking the more difficult bottom stringer. However the process explained in the instruction manual all made sense when put into practise and I quite satisfied with the result.

No comments: