Thursday, October 19, 2006

Stringers


Finally all of the stringers on the frames. All in all I only shifted 1 stringer about 1/8 of inch off its mark on one frame. I have checked from all angles but they all look good to me so I have to congratulate Arch for his good drawings and his insistence on being fussy in building the frames and setting up.


Personally I found getting the stringers through the transom more difficult than getting them to sit on the stem correctly. However the most important part of the transom is the inboard side so you can get away with it being a bit rough on the exit because this will be covered by the ply on the outboard side.

My advice for the bottom stringers at the stem would be not to try and get to much twist on them. While you might be able to hold this with a clamp it is unlikely to hold with a single screw.

No comments: